We Are Hiring Game Masters!
What Is A Game Master? And What's The Job Description?
A Game Master is someone that monitors the experiences in progress, provides clues to participants, and oversees the entirety of the experience from start to finish. Game Masters will have to assume a character role depending on which experience they are game mastering. Some acting will be required. Game Masters are also the ones to reset the game to the original state after the game is finished. Game Masters are required to know the ins and outs of our Escape Rooms and be able to reset them in 15 minutes or less. Game Masters are to know everything about each game to ensure that each customer has the best experience possible. If an issue arises, the Game Master will need to know within seconds as to the solution for the problem or whom to get to fix the problem. Game Masters have to be personable, kind, energetic, and friendly. You will also need to be able to articulate yourself clearly and in character when clues are needed in rooms. A Gamemaster has to be an excellent multi-tasker and be able to adapt to the always changing and improving environment of Escape Hour Gig Harbor. When not Game Mastering, you'll have to fulfill duties given by the Managers. This could be cleaning, improving rooms, organizing, and brainstorming with staff members as to how to keep growing! Gamemastering is a fast-paced position with many things to juggle. Do you think you have what it takes to become a game master? Become part of our family and apply!
Key Facts About Position:
- Part Time Position.
- Must be available days, evenings, and weekends.
- Not a set schedule (changes weekly).
- Have to sign a noncompete and nondisclosure forms.
- Must be willing to wear many hats.
- Be a team player.
- Become the needed character for that role.
- We will provide all the training to become a great Gamemaster.
- Have to be a people person and energetic.
- We suggest that you at least play 1 of our rooms to get an idea if you would enjoy working in this environment. Ideally you have played all of our rooms.
- Must be 18 or over.
- Well versed in customer service.
- Be able to take payments and facilitate merchandise.
- Be able to adapt and learn our booking software and payment software and use them effectively.
- Know all 4 rooms from beginning to end.
- Know how to reset all 4 rooms in under 15 minutes.
- Greet customers.
- Check customers in.
- Help customers sign waivers.
- Take payments.
- Answer phones (occasionally).
- Show rules and make sure everyone understands.
- Answer questions about rules, rooms, etc.
- Give introductions and exits.
- Track their game.
- Give clues upon request.
- Take pictures.
- Send off groups with enthusiasm to complete their experience.
$13.50 and opportunities for growth